There When They Need You
- I don’t have time
- I don’t know him anymore
- I don’t know what help I can be
- Resentment: Oh, sure after ditching me/us you come back when you need me!
- Overwhelmed: I’ve got enough people who are here every week that I need to give time to, why should I or how can I give time to you?
- Empathy: Oh no, I feel sad about what they’re going through
- Affirmed: Wow, I didn’t realize I meant that much to you. But of course, I wouldn’t have known it ‘cuz you stopped coming.
- Look for opportunities to stay in touch with the kids who are fading away or have already faded from your group.
- Send them a postcard
- Send them a text message
- Look for opportunities to stay in touch with their parents.
- Keep them on your minds and pray for them so that you might be ready when the day comes for their return.
Take heart and stay faithful to your calling to be the hands and feet of Christ in the broken and messy lives of your kids. And, continue to be there now, so you can be there when they need you.